Writing for the Web
Have relevant, interesting, useful, and fresh content on your website to make it popular. Many people measure a website's success by the number of visitors it gets, so ask yourself:
-Why would people come to your website?
-Do you offer them interesting and informative information that relates to your product or service? If not, why would they come?
-If they were attracted only by stylish design, will they come back?
Remember: it's the WORDS that are found on Google search, not the cool graphics, pretty photos or expensive Flash presentation.
Add new content to your page often, giving people a reason to visit regularly. Fresh content also builds trust in the information you provide. If you haven't updated your site for a long time, people might think that you have gone out of business, or don't care about keeping your customers updated, or don't carry the latest product that the competitor has on their site.
Also regularly updated content, even small changes that you can do on your blog
page will bring web-spiders back more often which leads to faster indexing with the search engines.
Content Check List
- Keep It Simple, the faster your visitor finds the information the more you’ll be appreciated.
- Stay reader and customer focused
- Grab visitor attention - make your title & headlines catchy
- Proofread. No typo, spelling or grammar errors.
- Keep paragraphs relatively short.
- Use links to other pages of your site.